First and foremost, we greatly appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we try to manage the best we can through this pandemic. We hope that this message finds everyone safe and healthy! Last year was challenging for many people, and we here at Best Friends are no different. Unfortunately, we were heavily affected by Covid at the end of last year. That, coupled with the predictions that there was going to be a severe increase in cases through March 2021 is the reason that we elected to close the doors and offer curbside only for the first 2-1/2 months this year. All reports of Covid infections this year have been that they were no where near the level that was anticipated. Because of this, we feel that we can once again open the doors to allow clients to accompany their furbabies with a few restrictions starting March 15, 2021:
- We will still be offering curbside service for any client that would prefer the appointment be handled in this manner.
- We ask that clients still call the office upon arrival and stay in your car until an assistant comes out to bring you into an exam room.
- We will allow one member per family to accompany your pet(s) into the office for the appointment.
- We ask that you postpone your appointment or find a friend or relative to bring your pet if in the past 14 days: you have had any fever, coughing, headaches, aches/pain, weakness, exhaustion, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath and/or diarrhea; or if you or anyone in your household tested positive for covid 19; or if you or anyone in your household has been exposed to anyone that has tested positive.
- If you are unable to make arrangements and still need to bring your pet in, please stay in your car and we will still offer curbside service.
- After your appointment, your assistant will walk you through checkout and back to your car.
- Exam rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between every appointment
- We anticipate that these new protocols will be time consuming and as such have hired extra staff to help with efficiency. Please continue to be patient as these new protocols are implemented.
- We will continue to monitor the CDC and GVMA websites for updates to their recommendations. We pray for continued health for everyone! Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns.
We will continue to follow the CDC and GVMA guidelines very closely to ensure everyone’s safety. For more information regarding Covid 19, please check out the following links:
Symptom chart Kansas DOH: https://d1n6ollu2qc3al.cloudfront.net/app/uploads/20200323131611/KDHE-Chart-on-Symptoms.jpg
Corona virus symptom checker Emory University: https://c19check.com/start